Preparing for a Long Flight
If you have an upcoming flight coming then you need to know how to prepare for it so there is no last minute panic.
- it’s important to look at the airlines regulations as different airlines will have different rules in regards to what you are able to bring on board. Liquid items will need to be placed in your carry-on luggage, but bear in mind how much and what regulations are enforced with liquid items. Many airlines will have an ml allowance. Anything that is not allowed in carry-on luggage will need to go in your hold luggage.
- Go through your suitcase and ensure that you have everything that you need from shoes to extra pairs of underwear. You should think if you have missed anything.
- Have a look at your clothes and see if you are able to pair clothes into outfits. If let’s say you are on vacation for 15 days then you need make sure that you are able to make 15 outfits. It’s also wise to take to extra outfits for formal wear and an outfit for water activities.
- Next is to go through your luggage and ensure you do not have anything illegal. If you are unsure about an item then look at the airline regulations.
- It is a good idea to weigh your bag at home. Place your bag evenly on a scale then round this up to the nearest 10th. You will be able to find a baggage allowance on your airlines site to check how much you are able to have.
- Check that you have all your items in order like tickets, passport, ID, credit and debit cards and other important items. Place these in a zip case that you can have with you at all times.
- Have entertainment with you like eReaders, tablets, iPods and other entertainment items. These entertainment items will ensure that you have plenty of entertainment for your flight.
- Toiletries should be travel sized
- If you are travelling during the busy season make sure to get to the airport at least 4 hours in advance.
- Look at your destinations weather forecast so you know what clothes you will need.